The protection of your privacy is important to Espadril USA. This statement discloses information practices of Espadril USA including what type of data we may collect and hold, how it is used and with whom the data is shared. It also explains how you can contact us if you have any queries or concerns about your personal information.
This Privacy Statement is applicable to data collected by Espadril USA.
It is possible to access our website without supplying any personal data. In the cases where personal information is collected it is used primarily to provide you with the services you might request and secondly to improve how we might serve you, by making appropriate use of the information.
When you browse our website, we may also automatically receive and store certain personally non-identifiable information (“Log Data”). This Log Data includes your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, the site pages you visit, the search terms you use, and any advertisements on which you click.
We do not associate your IP address with any other Personal Information to identify you personally, except in cases where we are asked to comply with a subpoena or other legal demand or where we suspect that there has been a violation of our policies, our Terms of Service and/or applicable law.
To the extent permissible under the applicable law, we use your information to:
• Provide any information and services that you have requested
• Manage our relationship with you via customer services
• Monitor, measure, improve, and protect our content, website, applications and services, and provide an enhanced, customer experience for you.
• Undertake internal testing of our website, applications, systems and services to improve their security and performance. In these circumstances, we keep all information anonymous.
• Provide you with any information that we are required to send you to comply with our legal obligations
• Detect, prevent, investigate, or remediate crime, illegal, or prohibited activities, or to otherwise protect our legal rights (including liaison with regulators and law enforcement agencies for these purposes)
• Contact you to find out if you would like to take part in any of our further customer research (e.g.: feedback on your use of our applications, products, and services).
• To monitor, carry out statistical analysis and benchmarking, provided that in such circumstances, it will not be linked back to you or any living individual
• Deliver targeted advertising, marketing (including in-product messaging), or information to you, which may be useful to you, based on your use of our website and services.
• Deliver joint content and services with third parties with whom you have a separate relationship (e.g.: social media providers).
• Provide you with location-based services (e.g.: advertising and other personalized content), where we collect geo-location data
Unless required to do so by the law, we will not share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Espadril processes Personal Data following the placement of an order or the processing of a new customer profile. In these cases, the following data is processed: name, address, email address, phone number, bank account number and sale history. These data are processed in order to execute sale agreements with the customer. Espadril must have the ability to invoice and deliver the products ordered, inform the client regarding their order, and settle claims or disputes where necessary. For legitimate business purposes, the client may receive email communications regarding Espadril. At all times, the client is able to unsubscribe from such communications.
What are cookies?
For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Who sets the cookies?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access this website are set by Espadril USA, our partners who help us to help deliver a high quality website and on-line shopping experience and other third parties.
Types of cookies we use
- “Log files” track actions occurring on our Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse our Site.
- In addition to the above, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through our website, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as your “Order Information.”
- Session cookies: These are temporary cookies that identify and track users within our websites, applications, or services and are deleted when you close your browser. They allow our Site to link your actions during a browser session.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are cookies that are needed for our websites, applications, or services to function properly ( as per above)
- First and third-party cookies: These cookies are owned and created by another company that provides a service to us, such as social media sharing, Site analytics or content marketing.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. Quite often, targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
Performance Cookies & Analytics Technologies: These cookies collect information about how visitors and users use our websites, applications, and services. For instance, it can gather information about which functionality visitors use most often. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor or user. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. We only use these cookies to improve how our website, applications, and services work.
How do I disable cookies?
- If you want to disable cookies, you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies.
- For Microsoft Internet Explorer: Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options” and click on the “privacy” tab. Select the setting the appropriate setting.
- For Mozilla Firefox: Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”, then click on the icon “privacy”. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
- For Google Chrome: Click the wrench button on the toolbar, select settings and click show advanced settings. In the “Privacy” section, click the Content settings button. In the “Cookies” section, you can change the following cookies settings.
Opting-out of Interest-Based Advertising: For more information about interest-based advertising including how you can opt-out of receiving behavioral ads from participating third-party advertising companies, please visit the links below:
- network advertising initiative: http://www.NetworkAdvertising.org/choices/
- digital advertising alliance of US: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
- digital advertising alliance of Canada: http://youradchoices.ca/choices
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable 3rd party cookies you will not be prevented from making purchases on this website. If you disable all cookies you will be unable to complete a purchase on this site.
**Please note that if you choose to disable any or all of the cookies set by this website, some website functionality will no longer be available to you.
Due to the handmade nature of this product, all Espadril shoes will have their unique touch and no two are identical in fit. That being said when putting on your new espadrilles (especially our Valenciana and Chessa styles) for the first time your foot should fit snuggly around the toes. It is preferable for them to be on the tighter side, as the cotton/leather will naturally give and stretch, molding to your foot, as you wear them. In terms of the length, there should be a gap of less than half an inch above your longest toe. Please note our sole lengths in our sizing charts as a reference point. The leather ties may feel hard when first wearing your new espadrilles, however the leather will naturally soften with wear.
The first step would be to determine where your espadrilles are not fitting as they should so that we can best help you in ensuring you receive the best fitting shoe for YOU! When you slide your toes as far forward as they can go, how much of a gap is there from your heel to the end of the shoe's sole? If this gap is more than half an inch we would suggest a smaller size. If there is not this gap we would then consider the width of the upper (the part that goes across the front part of your foot). If you can fit your finger between the upper and the top part of your foot then we would say the shoe is too wide a fit. In this case, we would suggest that you could try and size down, as the smaller the shoe the narrower the upper. However, if you generally have an obviously narrow foot this may not solve your issue. At this point, we, unfortunately, do not sell narrow or wide sizing adaptations. Please contact us directly as we would love to try and help you find your perfect fit!
When putting on your new espadrilles (especially our Valenciana and Chessa styles) for the first time your foot should fit snug around the toes. It is preferable for them to be on the tighter side, as the cotton/leather will naturally give and stretch, molding to your foot, as you wear them.
We hope you fall in love with Espadril!
The vision behind Espadril is to support and promote South African business and the creativity, vision, tenacity, passion and hard work of its people.